SAFETY KNOWLEDGE SHARING-The Core of Business Vitality
- Walking/Working Surfaces – Last week Titan Electric had two slip, trip and fall incidents on Walking/Working Surfaces. These trip, fall injuries can be eliminated with awareness as walking/working surface conditions are always changing, surfaces can be slick or sticky, even or uneven surfaces, pipe stub-ups from other trades. Let’s talk about it and Be Vigilant. Do not become distracted while walking and do not look at/use your cell phone when walking. Finally, do not forget about stairway hazards leading to a trip, when walking up or down stairways, hold the handrail.
- Again Nameless returned to warehouse battery band saw with “NFG” written on band saw. Its required to place a “Defective Tag” with what is wrong with the Tool. Courtesy goes a long way!
- Paper work not properly managed on the job site creates more work for someone else. Again, courtesy goes a long way!
- Safe Driving – Nothing else matters except you Arriving Safely to your destination. Speeding, Running late, In a hurry, Not Paying Attention to the Roadway, Cell phone/radio use, Distracted Driving all lead to a collision, not a good event. Remember a collision means someone is at fault, there is No such thing as an Accident!
- Pipe Stub-Ups – Very soon on all Titan Electric job sites will not have any electrical conduit Pipe Stub-Ups. Pipe Stub-Ups have led to many injuries on the job site and by elimination on Walking/Working surfaces we are controlling this hazard. It is becoming a reality. The additional benefit is No Impale Hazard! Win/Win situation. We are working now with the 3rd Generation of Stub-Ease that are much easier to use than the original product. Changes of ease of use have been designed for you with Stub-Ease to eliminate pipe stub-ups.
- Core holes/Concrete Cut Outs on Floor Surface – As I tour jobs I am seeing many Walking/Working surface hazards with Core holes and Concrete Cut Outs. Make sure these hazards are protected to keep from Slip, Tripping and Falling on the same elevation.
- Safety Training – Many foreman have pre-planned, scheduled and completed Safety Training for Scissor Lift, Fall Protection, Flagging/Ground guide, Ladder, Walking/Working Surfaces, Material Handling and many other topics for their job. Other foreman are using Titan Electric Safety Library and Safety Training their crew, others are taking advantage of on-line courses and local union training. Safety Training Pays!